Thai Lawyers for Human Rights (TLHR) was established two days following the coup in 2014 by a group of human rights lawyers and social activists. Initially, an ad-hoc organization, TLHR aimed to provide legal and litigation assistance to individuals who had been summoned, arrested, and detained by the military as a result of the coup, Years later TLHR has become a frontline organization promoting civic and political rights in Thailand and providing legal assistance while also monitoring and conduction human rights violations nationwide.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a day to date accounting tasks, including data entry, reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, and preparing account/bank reconciliations.
- Validate the transactions and verification their overall impact on the general accounts.
- Contribute to support the implementation of financial and accounting policies and related tools, systems, technologies, and related procedures.
- Ensure all expenses are within the assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payment vouchers.
- Produce periodic financial reports and other financial documents and timely submission of accurate reports.
- Coordinate and prepare PND 1, 3, 53, and PND 55, Tawi 50 to associated concerns – employees, service providers, and vendors.
- Prepare the timely and accurate monthly and year-end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation.
- Prepare and coordinate financial audits and effective follow-up to audit observations and recommendations.
- Ensures that follow-up and complete accounting, reporting, and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Conduct and monitor periodic and surprised cash counts.
- Ensure and monitor the preparation of the fixed assets register and ensure the fixed assets count is conducted on the regular basis.
- Coordinate with outsourced service providers to ensure accurate payments, reports, and other related supporting documentation for all payment vouchers.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in accounting, business administration, finance, or related fields.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in financial management, accounting, and budgeting.
- Experience at a charity organization or foundation and Quickbooks will be an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in EXCEL and experience/familiarity with some accounting software/applications.
- High sense of responsibility for completing tasks in a timely manner, and an ability to work flexible hours and respond effectively to urgent situations.
- Team player and able to communicate well with internal and external parties.
- Proactive and problem-solving person.
- Native Thai with immediate English language proficiency, both oral and written.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, considering the safety of your work and the foundation’s resources and information.
- Excellent analytical and synthesis abilities
- Self-awareness and value of the principles of human rights and democracy.
- Competitive Remuneration and social security.
- 20 holidays per annum, in addition to the public holidays.
- 3-month probationary period
- Add-on benefits after a 3-month probationary period -health/dental group insurance, provident fund.
- Transportation: able to reimburse work-related travel expenses
TLHR encourages a positive workplace culture to increase inclusivity and diversity within its workforce. TLHR applies measures in which all staff members contribute equally and in full to the work and development of the organization. This includes:
- elements of well-being
- flexible working arrangements
- Inclusive working culture
How to apply
Fill in the job application by clicking here and attach a cover letter stating why you are fit for this position along with your CV by 10 March 2023. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact [email protected]